At Utility we practice what we preach as much as possible.
From sourcing to production to retail and distribution, reduce and reuse are at the forefront of our operations and drive our business decisions.
Reduce and reuse in Utility's operations:
- Produce our line of products in Portland, which requires less transport and reduces our carbon footprint
- Source our product ingredients from OR and WA vendors
- When possible, we buy ingredients in reused containers
- Reuse the containers our products are made and stored in
- Work with companies who honor our request for minimal or no packaging
- Share space with Coy & Co. Curatorial Floral and Go-Box, allowing us to reduce resources and materials
- Deliveries and all business transport are done with an electric vehicle
- Use minimal labeling and packaging
- Our current labels are removable and reusable
Improvement is an evolution and we are committed to learning ways we can do better. If you have suggestions or ideas, please let us know!